We’re continuing posts about QA tools and we’re going to discuss some of the advantages during the testing of Android/iOS apps. This blog post is the sequel of our very own knowledge hub on mobile apps testing.
DB Browser for SQLite is a high quality, visual, open source tool that can be used to create, design, and edit database files that are compatible with SQLite.
Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Notepad++ has the Compare plugin and JSTool plugin - A JSON data viewer.
- Side-by-side visual comparison
- Highlight differences inside the lines
- Navigation bar shows a map of compared files
- Moved line detection
- Easy navigation between differences
- Representation of customizable results
- File manager with two panels
- Batch copy/paste, zip, tar, delete, move any file or folder
- Execute sh scripts
- Explore apk, rar, zip & jar files
- Change file permissions and ownership
- View and edit any file
SQLite Editor allows you to edit and delete records in any SQLite database on your phone. For root users, it lists all the installed apps which have local internal databases. You can then select an app and edit any of its databases.
App Eater (Uninstaller) is a highly functional app uninstaller. Additionally, App Eater is an extremely capable standalone Uninstaller, with features including:
- Easy access to last installed, last updated, and most recently used apps
- Batch uninstall
- Silent batch uninstall (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
- Option to show system apps
- System app uninstall (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
- Disable apps (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
- Clear app data and cache (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
iTools is a software developed by ThinkSky for PC & Mac OS. The iTools is the best software to manage Apple devices, because it provides access to the File system of iOS devices.
The above mentioned tools give big advantage during the testing of Android/iOS apps, because they allow corrections based on device file system access. DB Browser for SQLite and SQLite Editor allows to edit and delete records in any SQLite database on phone. With Notepad++ you can check JSON's structure and contents, in addition to that you can easily compare it using a special Compare plugin.
- Main Quality Assurance Tools for Mobile Apps Testing
- GPS Accuracy. Tools & Tips to Test Your Device
- QA Tools to Check Apps` Networking Activities