10 Dec 2013
- Make Your ProgressBar Smoother: Antoine Merle shows a way to reproduce the smooth indeterminate horizontal progress bar, similar to what's seen in the Gmail app.
- Making Your ActionBar Not Boring: the article describes how to make the whole edition screen (the ActionBar effect and the Ken Burns animation). The author also dives into the details of implementing the ActionBar effect and explains how to create a view animated with the Ken Burns effect.
- Jimu Mirror: live, on-device previews of layouts that update as you code.
- NotificationListenerService and KitKat: Android 4.4 (API 19) added new features, and now we can have a lot of extra info about a notification (before we need to use reflection to read some info).
- Android Property Animations: Property Animations let you animate essentially anything. You are not limited by predefined animation types or by the type of object that you want to animate.
- App Mockup Tools Reviews: check out reviews of five of the best app mockup tools to help you make some great mockups.
- Animated Progress View With CAGradientLayer: Nick Jensen with a beautiful, Safari style progress indicator designed to fit just under a navigation bar.
- Building Pinterest 3.0 for iOS: Steven Ramkumar on the design of the iOS 7 version of Pinterest for iOS. The article goes through the reasoning behind the design decisions and ends up digging into some of the code used. Great post.
- Touch Gesture Icons: great set of icons for representing various types of gestures commonly used in iOS apps (and a QR code one too) ready for use in mockups and design documents.
- The Complete List of Game/Render Engines for Objective-C Developers: see what engines developers prefer and take part in the poll.
- How to Generate Beautiful Apple-Style Documentation in Xcode 5: good code should be self-documenting, but sometimes you also need to generate external documentation for reference purposes. This post shows you how to use two open-source tools and a build script to create beautiful, Apple-style HTML documentation files in Xcode.
News and tips on web development
- Why Responsive Images Is So Hard: Chris Coyier about obstacles on the way to responsive images.
- CSS Sticky Footer: sticky footer receipt from Chris Coyier.
- Git: Branching, Merging, Commits, and Tagging (Basics and Best Practices): practical guide to implementing git flow.
- A Successful Git Branching Model: probably the best git workflow.