- Designtime Layout Attributes: as of Android Studio 0.2.11, the layout rendering (used in both the layout editor as well as the XML editor layout preview window), supports designtime layout attributes. These are attributes which are used when the layout is rendered in the tool, but have no impact on the runtime. This is useful if you for example want to put sample data in your textfields for when you are editing the layout, but you don't want those attributes to affect your running app.
- Introducing the Google Drive Android API: with the new developer preview of the Google Drive Android API in Google Play Services 4.1, you can add the convenience of Google Drive cloud storage to your apps without breaking a sweat.
- Surface View: Video Cropping. In this tutorial you'll create an application which will do following: display video from assets folder using TextureView, and when user click on screen, TextureView should be resized and video should be cropped to match new view size.
- Process Stats: Understanding How Your App Uses RAM. Android 4.4 KitKat introduced a new system service called procstats that helps you better understand how your app is using the RAM resources on a device.
- How to Make a Chathead Like Facebook Messenger: Facebook introduced chatheads in its messenger app a while ago. In this tutorial we’ll see how to draw a chathead like Facebook does.
- Building Complex Animations: a nice blog post on how to develop complex animations. The tutorial will walk you through animating different properties and chaining the animations with AnimatorSet.
- What Kills Battery in an App with Location Tracking? Things we should be aware of when tracking user location in mobile app.
Latest iOS news
- Identifying iPhone models: learn to identify your iPhone model by its model number and other details.
- Automator for Mac OS X: Tutorial and Examples. Learn how to use Automator for Mac OS X to automate tedious workflows in this tutorial with five complete examples.
- MKTileOverlay, MKMapSnapshotter & MKDirections. It may come as a surprise maps on iOS have gotten quite a bit better in the intervening releases. Quite good, in fact — especially with the new mapping APIs introduced in iOS 7.
- Objective-C Cheat Sheet: the ultimate Objective-C tutorial Cheat Sheet to help you with your iOS Development Journey.
- iOS 7: How to Use UIGravityBehavior Tutorial. iOS 7 provides us with some new and exciting functions in the UIKit Dynamics classes set. This tutorial will show you how to create a falling object in your iOS Application using the iOS 7 UIGravityBehavior.
- Check if Active Internet Connection Exists on iOS Device. There may be a plethora of reasons that you need to check whether or not the device that is using your application has an internet connection. This article describes two methods. Both ways are valid.
- Top 10 iOS Conferences in 2014: check out our picks of the top 10 iOS conferences in 2014, including a handy flowchart that helps decide which to attend.
News and tips on web
- The Drupal 8 Page Call Process: one more Drupal 8 article. Do you know page call process internals?
- Drupal 8: Creating a custom field: step by step instruction on how to create a custom field and formatter using upcoming Drupal 8.
- Getting Started with Forms in Drupal 8: Drupal 8 again. Meet new forms!
Lemberg is a UK mobile and web development company with strong client base in the UK, Europe, and the USA.
Starting from 2007, Lemberg has been helping leading design and marketing agencies, start-ups, innovative businesses deliver brilliant digital solutions for a number of the world’s biggest brands.
We provide our clients with impeccable services, including mobile apps creation (iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone), web development (Drupal, front-end, back-end and API development), and support services.
Our goal is to go beyond clients’ expectations: as a technology partner, we take the responsibility for implementing the most ambitious, creative and innovative ideas.