- AndroidStaggeredGrid: an Android staggered grid view which supports multiple columns with rows of varying sizes. The StaggeredGridView was developed due to requirements for the Etsy app not met by any existing Android libraries.
- Android Priority Job Queue (Job Manager) - an implementation of a Job Queue specifically written for Android to easily schedule jobs (tasks) that run in the background, improving UX and application stability.
- Patterns, Shmatterns: this talk, covers important developments in software development patterns which, if ignored, will lead to errors, failure, and bankruptcy. Miss this talk at your peril.
- Migrating from ActionBarSherlock to ActionBarCompat: Wolfram Rittmeyer does a thorough job describing how to move from the now end-of-life ActionBarSherlock to Google's ActionBarCompat.
- The new runtime: ART: Matthias Schaff shares part one of a small series of articles about the newest Android 4.4 Kitkat. The series is supposed to give you a deeper into the internals and changes of Kitkat from a developer/system developer perspective and it starts with the new runtime: ART.
- Getting started with Android testing: an in depth article describing an automated User Acceptance Testing scenario using Gradle.
- Apps must be compiled against the iOS 7 SDK from Feb 1st 2014. This should be expected news and the timing seems about right. Just remember this does not mean that your apps must target iOS 7 only, just that they must be compiled with Xcode 5 and the iOS 7 SDK which you should have been doing for months already.
- iOS 7 best practices: a weather app case study: learn various iOS 7 best practices in this 2-part tutorial series; you’ll master the theory and then practice by making a functional, beautiful weather app.
- Google Analytics for iOS: learn how to add usage tracking and other metrics into your iOS app with this Google Analytics Tutorial for iOS.
- iOS & OSX developers conferences: all-English conferences for cocoa developers.
News and tips on web development
- Top 10 PHP frameworks for 2014: a list of 10 PHP frameworks every developer should know.
- Drupal 8 preview by Acquia: What to Expect. Wondering what to expect from D8? In this webinar, Drupal Core committer Angie Byron will walk you through what’s coming in D8. She will clearly outline how D8 will help you if you are: an end-user, site-builder, front-end developer, or a hardcore nerd.
- I'm lazy. here, have some PIE: confessions of a lazy Drupal developer.
- 5 Web technologies you cannot ignore in 2014. This is not a post about 5 cutting-edge technologies that may become relevant in 2014. This is a post about 5 technologies that are ready to be applied to your site today. However, not enough people are taking advantage of them and, most importantly, you simply cannot afford to ignore them any longer.
Lemberg is a UK mobile and web development company with strong client base in the UK, Europe, and the USA.
Starting from 2007, Lemberg has been helping leading design and marketing agencies, start-ups, innovative businesses deliver brilliant digital solutions for a number of the world’s biggest brands.
We provide our clients with impeccable services, including mobile apps creation (iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone), web development (Drupal, front-end, back-end and API development), and support services.
Our goal is to go beyond clients’ expectations: as a technology partner, we take the responsibility for implementing the most ambitious, creative and innovative ideas.