- Using immersive full-screen mode: Managing the System UI training class new article that covers the new Immersive Mode feature in Android 4.4 KitKat.
- ActionBar-PullToRefresh v0.9.1 was tagged and pushed earlier this week.
- New talks by Romain Guy.
- Implementing hashtags in Android app: how to do it with a help of Linkify.
- Concurrent database access: short article which describes how to make access to your Android database thread safe.
- Storage access framework – New and Improved File Browsing in Android 4.4.
- Getting Around with Google Maps Android API v2: Google recently released perhaps one of the most frequently requested upgrade: the Google Maps Android API v2. This new framework allows you to embed standard or customized maps directly in your application.
What's new about iOS:
- Intro to Object-Oriented Design: this tutorial series will teach you the basics of object-oriented design. In this first part: Inheritance, and the Model-View-Controller pattern.
- Lighter view conrollers: almost always, view controllers are the least reusable part of the code. We will look at techniques to slim down your view controllers, make code reusable, and move code to more appropriate places.
- Clean table view code: this article presents techniques to keep this code clean and well-structured.
- Testing view controllers: let’s not be religious about testing. It should help us speed up development and make things more fun.
- View controller containment: why didn’t Apple want us to build our own tab bar controllers and navigation controllers?
News and tips on web development:
- Remote debugging on Android: how to debug website or webview on Android device.
- A good user interface: a good user interface has high conversion rates and is easy to use. In other words, it's nice to both the business side as well as the people using it. Here is a running list of practical ideas to try out. Looks like you have 30 unread ideas.
- 4 Modules That Help you Integrate your Drupal Site with Twitter.
- A tale of animation performance: make your animation faster with CSS transforms & transitions.
Lemberg is a UK mobile and web development company with strong client base in the UK, Europe, and the USA.
Starting from 2007, Lemberg has been helping leading design and marketing agencies, start-ups, innovative businesses deliver brilliant digital solutions for a number of the world’s biggest brands.
Our goal is to go beyond clients’ expectations: as a technology partner, we take the responsibility for implementing the most ambitious, creative and innovative ideas.