This blog post is part of our own knowledge hub on mobile apps testing. In this section we've complied a list of the main quality assurance tools for UI testing.
PickPick is a very convenient graphic tool which allows to make screenshots of the whole screen, the active window or a selected area of the screen, as well as automatically name them and save them. A full-featured screen capture tool, intuitive image editor, color picker, color palette, pixel-ruler, protractor, crosshair, whiteboard and more.
- built-in image editor for simple image processing
- take screenshots of the entire screen, an active window, the scrolling windows and any specific region of your desktop, etc.
- a rich set of tools, including color picker, color palette, pixel ruler, protractor, crosshair, magnifier, whiteboard.
- ability to save, share, or send images via ftp, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, email, Box, Evernote, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- customised settings: shortcuts setup, file naming, image quality, etc.
- easy to use and a friendly User interface
CamStudio is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs)
Rec. (Screen Recorder) is a simple screen recording app, providing untethered, flexible and fully configurable screen recording capabilities for your Android device, neatly packaged into an intuitive user interface. This app allows to record video demo for client or video for bug report in the easiest way.
* Don't forget to enable Show touches in device developers options for visualization of your manipulations with the app.
Recently mentioned tools allow to prepare attachments for bug’s reports, which carefuly explain the nature of found bugs. Tools have wide range of configurations and definitely useful in daily usage. PickPick features allow instantly share and save edited images via ftp, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, email, Box, Evernote, Facebook, Twitter etc. CamStudio and Rec. (Screen Recorder) allows create detailed video with needed steps for bug’s dislosure. Rec. (Screen Recorder) even lets launch function “show touches”. If you have something to add post your comments below.